Resarch interest: Computer Vision, Robotics, Machine Learning.
Visual Tracking Benchmark
||For decades many visual trackers have been proposed, but there was little effort to quantitatively measure and compare their performance. In this work we provide a dataset which contains common test videos with hand-labeled groundtruth. The tracker library with standardized interface for massive evaluation enables the researchers to easily test and compare their trackers with the state-of-the-art trackers.
- Yi Wu, Jonbwoo Lim*, Ming-Hsuan Yang, “Online Object Tracking: A Benchmark,” in CVPR 2013, [link] [pdf] [project page , code]
Online Environment Mapping (Visual SLAM)
||Building the map of environment for localization and navigation is critical for scene understanding and robot operation. We propose a metric-topological mapping which holds the benefits of both metric maps and topological maps.
- Jongwoo Lim*, jan-Michael Frahm, Marc Pollefeys, “Online Environment Mapping using Metric-topological Maps,” in IJRR, Vol. 31 Issue 12, Page 1394-1408, October 2012 [link]
- Earlier version: Online Environment Mapping, in CVPR 2011 [link] [pdf]
Camera Motion Estimation
||Points are commonly used for structure from motion and ego-motion estimation. We investigated more robust and fast ways to use line features for motion estimation of a stereo camera rig.
- Vivek Pradeep, Jongwoo Lim, “Egomotion Estimation Using Assorted Features,” in IJCV, Vol. 98, Issue 2, Page 202-216, 2012 [link]
- Earlier version: Egomotion using Assorted Features, in CVPR 2010 [link] [pdf]
- Manmohan Chandraker, Jongwoo Lim, David Kriegman, “Moving in Stereo: Efficient Structure and Motion Using Lines,” in ICCV 2009 [link] [pdf]
Other On-going Topics
- Visual tracking.
- Scene understanding.
- Robot navigation.